Dance Makes Compassionate and Confident Leaders
On September 30th, we’re hosting a Film Screening & Talkback to celebrate all that is made possible in dance education through the DEL model!
In 7th grade, Tali was painfully shy. Then, she started learning with DEL.
In our film, you’ll see that by the time she reached her final year in high school, Tali had blossomed into a compassionate and confident leader, teaching dance to younger students at a nearby elementary school.
“PS DANCE! THE NEXT GENERATION is awe inspiring!!! This film helps us to understand the importance of Dance. Dance allows for us to express our emotions and increase our awareness of ourselves and others through creative movement. DEL is the light that we need for our children of the next generation!”
– Linda Celeste Sims, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
Are you coming to our film screening on September 30th?
Don’t miss the chance to gather with community in support of dance and dance education!
We have a wonderful evening planned:
- – A celebratory reception, including refreshments & photo opportunities, starting at 4:30 and continuing following the event
- – A special student dance performance
- – Free “Dance For Every Child” t-shirts
- – Panel discussion with DEL Founder & Executive Producer Jody Gottfried Arnhold, Director/Producer Nel Shelby and esteemed guests
- – Remarks from the Chancellor of the NYC Department of Education, David C. Banks
- – Film screening of PS DANCE! THE NEXT GENERATION
We’re celebrating how dance education prompts positive transformation, acceptance of others, leadership skills, and so much more!