Introducing The DEL Institute Cohort 2023-24
We are thrilled to welcome the twenty-one professionals who will be engaged in this year’s DEL Institute – Teacher Certificate Program!
This year’s cohort includes participants from all over the United States, including Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio, as well as Australia!
Katie Cox (bottom right, kneeling), DEL Institute 23-34
Carmen Caceres, DEL Institute 23-24
Photo by Julia Discenza
They teach in a variety of environments, including K-12 classrooms, early childhood education, classrooms for children with disabilities, private dance studios, dance companies, higher education, adult learning, and with patients with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
Check out three of our participants’ self-introductions below:
While our participants represent diverse teaching settings and areas of expertise, they all share a common desire to deepen and expand their professional learning in dance education. This year’s cohort is excited to:
- Learn alongside educators who share their passion and excitement
- Prepare for their futures in dance education
- Build upon their existing knowledge as a cohort
- Be challenged and grow from learning new concepts and methodologies
- Learn with and from educators of many different backgrounds and ages
- Join the DEL family and explore community building
Sasha Van’t Hul, DEL Institute 23-24
Linda Celeste Sims, DEL Institute 23-24
Elizabeth Sugawara, DEL Institute 23-24