Jul 5 - 7, 2023
The DEL Essentials course is an introductory course that provides an overview of the key components of the DEL model of teaching dance to children and teenagers.
The Dance Education Laboratory environment encourages active movement participation and performance, peer collaboration, discussion, observation, and oral and written reflection. DEL Essentials embraces multiple perspectives and is designed to meet the unique needs of each participant. Students will explore components of the DEL Model and will:
- Apply the LMA framework to lesson planning and dance making
- Understand the benefits of a comprehensive dance educationg
- Explore the concept of the movement sentence in varied waysg
- Design meaningful lesson plans following the DEL Lesson Plan formatg
- Gain an overview of how to support learners in all developmental stagesg
- Engage with current dance education including state and national dance standardsg
- Work collaboratively to create group dances with peers
Must register by Friday, June 30, 2023.