July 1-3, 2024
The DEL Essentials course is an introductory course that provides an overview of the key components of the DEL model of teaching dance to children and teenagers.
The Dance Education Laboratory environment encourages active movement participation and performance, peer collaboration, discussion, observation, and oral and written reflection. DEL Essentials embraces multiple perspectives and is designed to meet the unique needs of each participant. Students will explore components of the DEL Model and will:
- Apply the LMA framework to lesson planning and dance making
- Understand the benefits of a comprehensive dance education
- Explore the concept of the DEL Movement Sentence in varied ways
- Design meaningful lesson plans following the DEL Lesson Plan format
- Gain an overview of how to support learners in all developmental stages
- Engage with current dance education including state and national dance standards
- Work collaboratively to create group dances with peers
Must register by Wednesday, June 26, 2024.
Course scholarships and discounts are available! Learn more about scholarship opportunities here.
Photo by Cherylynn Tsushima for Nel Shelby Productions.
Meet Your Instructors
Jody Gottfried Arnhold
Jody Gottfried Arnhold, MA, CMA, Founder of Dance Education Laboratory (DEL) at 92Y, is a luminary in dance education and an advocate for dance. She created DEL in response to the need for a practical and focused dance pedagogy program. Through DEL, Jody aims to inspire and prepare teachers to...
ANN BIDDLE M.A., has been a dance educator, staff developer, curriculum consultant, writer, and choreographer for the past 30 years. She is currently Professional Learning and Curriculum Senior Consultant for the 92NY Dance Education Laboratory (DEL). As the Founding Faculty of DEL at the 92nd St Y with Jody Gottfried...