DEL’s nationally acclaimed dance education training program offers carefully curated certification pathways led by DEL’s faculty of top experts in the field of dance and dance education, and provides a supportive and community-focused experience to meet the needs of all learners. DEL’s diverse course offerings, unique peer cohort and coaching/mentoring model, as well as a customized practicum experience at a DEL Lab School, provides participants with a personalized certification experience to meet their distinct professional needs.
DEL certification allows students to receive up to 34 undergraduate credit hours as an entryway for a master’s degree program or for those who desire 30+ credit hours for salary differentials.
DEL provides a clear pathway for teachers interested in obtaining their initial NY State dance teacher certification.
DEL’s CERT Institute offers two pathways for certification:
- Synchronous (via zoom or in person)
WHAT DEL CERT STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Access to a wide range of synchronous and asynchronous DEL courses/workshops/events taught by dance education experts in the field.
- Access to high-quality curricular materials such as lesson plans, dance units, and extensive resources for the dance classroom (charts, task sheets, etc.)
- Customized CERT pathway to meet the needs of practitioners in the field of dance education.
- One-on-one sessions with a DEL Coach/Mentor who will guide student through the entirety of the certification program and provide additional support and expertise.
- Peer co-mentoring feedback/cohort engagement during the entirety of the DEL CERT experience.
- Customized DEL Practicum & supervision (synchronous via zoom or in person) at a DEL Lab School.
- Free access to numerous DEL events and celebrations (MSC, NDEO?, Panels, webinars)
- Free access to DE’s extensive Resource Library of dance teaching materials and high quality DEL based curricula.
POST DEL CERT
- Access to monthly (OR quarterly) DEL Newsletter with lesson plans, curricular ideas, webinars around specialised topics
- Ongoing professional learning support/membership and discounts to future DEL workshops, courses and webinars.
- Opportunity to establish one’s school or studio as a DEL Lab School which provides
See Curriculum and Timeline —> Redirect to a new page with a graphic PDF to download?