Who Are DEL Students?
DEL students have varied backgrounds, ages, levels of dance training and come from a wide range of learning environments. Participants of DEL, representing multiple perspectives, learn from one another; they value diversity. DEL is a program at 92nd Street Y, a community center that serves people of diverse racial, religious, ethnic, and economic backgrounds.
- University students
- Aspiring as well as veteran dance educators seeking new teaching tools and strategies
- Current classroom teachers looking for dance education professional development
- Students seeking their bachelors and masters degree through SUNY Empire State College
- New York City Department of Education teachers seeking college credit for salary differentials
- Professional dancers who wish to expand their dance experience with teaching tools and strategies
- Physical Education teachers
- Educators of other arts disciplines
- Choreographers and cultural arts/dance administrators
- Students and teachers who wish to satisfy dance content credits required for New York State Dance Department of Education dance licensure
- Students seeking to fulfill dance content prerequisites for entry into college graduate dance education programs